Monday, October 30, 2006

I Really Hate Being Right ALL THE TIME!

So. Ben Roethlisberger shit the bed. Again. Hmm…I wonder if that’s a side effect from HAVING YOUR BRAIN ROCKED AROUND INSIDE YOUR SKULL AND BRUISING IT AND THEN INSISTING ON PLAYING FOOTBALL AND PRETTY MUCH RUINING THE SEASON? Yeah…I’m gonna go with…yeah.

The whole time I was watching that game, I kept thinking, how must Charlie Batch feel right now? We have so little faith in his playing ability that we’d rather put out our half-retarded starter than him? Granted, this is a city that is resistant to change. But still. When it’s not working, it’s not working.

This brings me to my next point. Bill Cowher. Do you even still want to be doing this? Are you even trying? Or are you just picturing that big house in South Carolina? And warm beaches instead of hail and rivers? I mean, if you are, that’s okay. But go. And believe me, this is an incredibly hard thing for me to say. You’ve been the coach of the Steelers since I was a little girl. I vaguely remember Chuck Noll, but most of my Steelers life has been based around you. I’ll be so, so sorry to see you go, but what’s more important, I want a coach that wants to be coaching this team.

I mean, look at this. Every other line in today’s Post-Gazette references “shambles,” “crumbling,” or my personal favorite, “Super Bowl talk is no longer on the table. The playoffs remain a mathematical possibility, nothing more.” When will Cowher bench Ben? I don’t know that he will. I don’t think it’ll happen.

I’m not stupid. I know not to expect a Super Bowl every year. I’m a Pittsburgh fan. My life has been a series of disappointments, one after the other. We’re conditioned for it. It’s just sad to see potential go to waste.

That being said, let’s cheer up. There are other things to talk about. Like the fact that this year’s Bloomfield Halloween Parade, an event I look forward to every year, is being called (I kid you not…) “The Spirit of Bob O’Connor Parade.”

Aw snap. I love, love, LOVE the fact that we’re naming a Halloween parade after our dead mayor. I wish I had a dead mayor mask. I’d totally go as The Spirit of Bob O’Connor. Maybe the reason the Steelers have been losing is because The Spirit of Bob O’Connor has not been playing.

But I digress. We have to keep our heads up, people of Pittsburgh. Do it for Bob.



I’m taking this too far, aren’t I?

1 comment:

JulieGong said...

I don't think that is even close to too far.