Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Lesson in Evolutionary Science

Subtitle: Let’s Get Smart!! Well, Kind Of.

The theory of evolution dates back to ancient times, the Greek and Roman eras. It was modernized, as we know it, by Charles Darwin in The Origin of the Species, 1859.

To illustrate, here:


Okay. Now that we’ve established that, let’s discuss “the missing link.” Essentially, the missing link refers to the gaps in our scientific knowledge of the sequence of what sort of creature existed between homo sapiens (modern humans) and the beast from which we evolved (primates). This missing link is pretty much what allows Bible-thumpers to say, “Duh! You haven’t got sufficient proof of evolution because you are missing that one guy on that drawing! Therefore, humans MUST have been created by God! And/or Jesus! Duh!” Totally makes sense, right?

Well, I am here to tell you that I have personally discovered the missing link, that hunched-over, not-quite-human, not-quite-monkey man, and he lives right here in Pittsburgh.



Damn, I hope I make some money off this discovery. Unlike the time I thought I invented 40’s cozies. You know, those things made of wetsuits to keep your beer cold. I didn’t.

Oh, and just for fun…courtesy of Mondesi’s House, here is Maxime “Missing Link” Talbot in all his glory.



I rest my case.

1 comment:

MattJ said...

hey! That's the same monkey-man that gave me pizza while I was queueing for Pens tickets!