Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Life Is Stupid

It really is. Or at least, grad school and web design are. (Although, I really appreciate all your kind words about grad school! Thank you so much!)
My first class on Monday was actually not too bad—it was a little intimidating, but it seems like it will be challenging and interesting and applicable to what I want to be when I grow up. My fellow classmates seemed bright and energetic, and yada yada yada.

My second class, last night, is a requirement for everyone in the School of Education. It’s basically a class on how to teach, which I guess I understand why I have to take even though I’d rather stick a pair of tweezers in an electric socket than become a teacher (no offense to those who are/want to be. I just don’t have the patience/desire.) I guess my problem with the class is that I found it somewhat disheartening that so many of the future (and current!) educators in my class seemed to be no brighter than your average elementary schooler. Plus, I counted seven pairs of chunky heels in the classroom. CHUNKY HEELS. I’m not that superficial, but good lord, 1996 is dead and buried. Oh well, I guess you can’t win 'em all.

As for web design…as I discussed before, one of my new projects was going to be moving Food Sex to its own domain and really working on hyping it. So I buy my domain, hosting space, etc., and then try to upload Wordpress, and the whole thing just shits itself. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is, and I’m not really technologically literate enough to read tutorials on fixing it and actually being able to do it. At this point, I’d love to just scrap the whole thing (I’m a quitter) but I paid 45 bucks for the domain and hosting, and I’m also cheap.

So this is me:



UGH.

1 comment:

MattJ said...

'Lo! Mail me specifics about how WordPress has 'sploded?

I am a professional IT monkey and was planning on having a play with WordPress some point soon anyway, if I can't help I will definitely be able to find someone who can ;)

In other news:

Bah! This is a stupid season to win Superbowl anyway, LET'S GO [insert anyone but the Pats her]!