Friday, September 28, 2007

Oh, Fridays.

Today at work I had to sit at the front desk and play receptionist, a task that I hate because, well, I hate most people. Good thing I work in Human Resources, right? Anyway, it’s payday for our temporary employees, so they were lining up to pick up their checks. An older man was at the front of the line, and he took quite a long time to sign his name with shaky hands.
Meanwhile, the two younger men behind him were clearly trying to hold back laughter.
The old man left, but the younger men kept chuckling. I was starting to get annoyed. “Are you laughing at me?” I asked.
“Naw!” said one of the younger men. “That old man just kept ripping them!”
I stared at him blankly for a moment. I looked at the other young man. He brought his hands to his mouth and blew air. “PFFFFFLLLLTTTT!!!”
Suddenly, I understood. And I laughed.

Nothing like an old man farting all over your desk.

1 comment:

5 of 9er said...

Mmmmm... old man farts. That about how good the Bears are this years. Sadness.