Thursday, July 05, 2007

Playing Catch Up

So, it’s been awhile. Rather than to write a lengthy entry about everything I’ve been up to (because you definitely care!) I’d rather just touch on a few things, in haiku form.


On interviewing for a promotion at my work that I doubt I will get:
Ugh. My bosses know
That I take questionable
Sick days. Whoops! Oh well.

On the Maxipads/Medic Medic/Bugs in the Dark show at the 31st Street Pub:
What a show! Girls rock
So hard, you’d not believe what
We’re capable of.

(I know, this isn't in 5-7-5 form, but please, for your own good--check out Bugs in the Dark from Brooklyn, whose EP was one of the best things I've heard all year, and Medic Medic, from right here in Pittsburgh. Oh, and while you're at it... MAXIPADS MAXIPADS YEAH! Shameless.)

On the Jam on Walnut:
We left the bar late
And missed the whole damn party
What a bunch of drunks.

On my garden:
I wish cucumbers
Were not tittybabies that
Have no will to live.

On the 4th of July:
Dude! Awesome party.
My friends are sweet and they can
Cook better than you.

On the cats:
Dear Marley, listen
Please stop pooping on the floor
You lazy bastard.

On the fact that I’ve been acting like an old lady lately:
Sorry I’m so tired
My bones ache; I need a nap
Must be arthritis.



No comments: